- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1½ cups orzo pasta
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can Le Sueur® Very Young Small Sweet Peas, drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Heat butter over medium heat in large skillet. Add onion and garlic and sauté 2 minutes or until onions are softened.
- Add orzo and cook, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Add chicken broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 12 to 14 minutes or until orzo is tender and has absorbed almost all of the broth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
Serve with grilled chicken or seafood.